The Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy (LHON) Society held it's annual conference on Saturday, 23 September 2017.
Clinician's, scientists and patients met at the Moller Centre and, through a series of presentations and discussion sessions, shared views and information on:
- patient engagement, both in the UK and Europe;
- the clinical characteristics of LHON; assistive technology;
- patient involvement in research;
- coping strategies for patients living with low vision;
- the latest developments in research; and
- the function and purpose of the LHON Society.
Professor Patrick Chinnery, Leader of the MBU's Mitochondrial Genomics Group, gave a presentation about "Patient involvement in research - how to measure and optimise this to deliver real benefits to patients".
Dr Patrick Yu Wai Man, an affiliate member of the MBU, talked about the latest developments in LHON research and treatment. Further details about the conference, along with audio visual coverage, can be found here.